Notes for all staff
- Please make sure all of your documentation and forms are submitted on time, including your FBI background check results. The $100/week bonus is conditioned upon receiving your complete paperwork. Failure to meet criteria will result in making you ineligible to receive this bonus.
- Medical form All staff is required to complete it. It is 100% online and does not require a physician signature. You will see the link when you log onto your camp brain profile.
- Paying for FBI clearance Save your receipt and submit it upon arrival. Camp will reimburse you by the end of the summer.
- Instructions for Uploading Documents Please make sure you read, complete, and sign all the forms before uploading them to your profile. In addition to the forms mentioned in this email, there will be other personal documents that need to be uploaded too.
- For the field of address on the hire packet, please use camp’s address
201 Cushion Peak Rd,
Reinholds, PA 17569
Phone (Office): 610-670-2267
- Bank accounts We can help you set up an US bank account so you can get direct deposit. Note that you will first have to apply and receive your Social Security Card.
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 Please select 4. An alien authorized to work and include your passport number in the field Foreign Passport Number.
- Local services tax – exemption certificate. Submit this form, you are exempt from local taxes.
- Residency certification form You do not need to submit this.
- Social Security Number (SSN). If this is your first time working in the US, Please leave this field in blank in all forms from the hire packet and refer to the bottom of this page to find out how to apply for a SS Number.
- Travels We suggest that you physically receive your visa before booking any flights. There will be an airport pick up schedule posted soon that will help you choose flights.
- W-4 Form Please see additional instructions for Nonresident Aliens. Notice 1392.
Employment formsHire Packet
Internationals, please see notes above.
- Employee direct deposit authorization. If would like your wages to be deposited directly into your US Bank account, fill out this form. Otherwise, you will get paid via checks and you’ll be responsible to cash them.
- W-4 Form Is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form that you complete to let your employer know how much money to withhold from your paycheck for federal taxes. In January 2024, you will receive a W-2 form to complete this tax return.
- Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 is a Department of Homeland Security. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Form used to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
- Residency certification form used by employers (Camp) and taxpayers (You) to report essential information for the collection and distribution of Local Earned Income Taxes to the local EIT collector. Submit this form only if you are a US resident and will earn more than $12,000 combined income for the year 2023.
- Local services tax – exemption certificate All staff can be exempt from the Local Services Tax if you earn less than $12,000.00 annually. Fill this out in order to avoid extra local tax to be withheld. Otherwise, you will be taxed, and you will not be able to claim any of it back at the end of the year.
- Employee handbook Please review its content. This is separate and different from the Summer Staff manual you will receive at staff training. The pages 45-49 are included in the hire packet are from. By submitting these, you verify the receipt of the Handbook.
Child protection clearances
US Staff and retuning internationals only
(First year international staff is exempt)
The Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) requires you to obtain the following clearances in order to be employed by the South Mountain YMCA Camps.1. Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal History Clearance
We have put together this video tutorial. Please, follow the instructions.[hfe_template id=’78538′]
If you are unable to get fingerprinted prior to your arrival to camp (Out-of-state and International staff), please sign this Disclosure and submit it to your camp brain profile.
New for 2023: For these two clearances, Camp will request them on your behalf!
- Please read and follow these instructions and
- Complete the PA Child Abuse History Certification & PA Criminal History Clearance Application forms.
- Submit these forms along with your offer letter.
Social Security Application – First year international staff only
All individuals who will work in the US must apply and obtain a Social Security Number. Start your process no earlier that May 8th.Social Security- First year international staff only
Social security application. The social security number application is a two step process.
First you need to visit this link: ssa.gov/ssnumber and complete an online application. Use the following information:
- Do you have a U.S. mailing address? Yes, 201 Cushion Peak Road, Reinholds, PA 17569
- What is your daytime phone number? 610-670-2267
- If asked to select an office:
Social Security Office InformationSuite 101
1808 Colonial Village Ln
Lancaster, PA 17601
After you submit your online request, we will bring you to our local SSA office with your documentation within 45 calendar days.