Reach Out for Youth Fundraising Campaign
The Reach Out for Youth Campaign is our annual appeal. Funds raised in this campaign are used to provide scholarships for deserving youth to attend Camp Conrad Weiser, Bynden Wood Day Camp, and our Outdoor Center programs.
Levels of Giving:
- Fire Starters ($1-$99), help provide environmental education programs for students who would be unable to afford it otherwise.
- Loggers ($100-$249), help pay for 1-2 deserving children to attend Bynden Wood Day Camp.
- Pioneers ($250-$749), ensure that a 7-9 year-old child can attend Camp Conrad Weiser’s Explorer program.
- Trailblazers ($750-$999), ensure a 10-12 year-old boy or girl can attend Camp Conrad Weiser’s Voyageur program.
- Mountaintop Club ($1000-$1,499), introduces young people to horses in our 2-week riding camps.
- Summit Club ($1,500+), promotes leadership in 15-17 year-olds by providing assistance for deserving teens attending our Leaders-In-Training or Counselors-In-Training programs.
Since 1948, Camp Conrad Weiser has stood for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Engagement. We need your help to continue that tradition and to succeed in delivering our mission. We ask you to invest in our Reach Out for Youth Campaign.
Operation Purple Camp
For the 11th summer, Operation Purple Camp, a program of the National Military Family Association, will be held at YMCA Camp Conrad Weiser from June 12th to the 17th. This special week of summer camp is for the children of our deployed military men and women, as well as those who have recently returned.
In 2016, we will serve 125 young people, ages 7-16, with this camp program. Through the generosity of donors like you, this program is offered at no cost to our military families.
- Supporter ($1-$499), help to reduce isolation by providing an opportunity for military children to meet other military children at camp.
- Bronze ($500-$999), help to reduce uncertainty by providing military children the opportunity to talk with service members.
- Silver ($1,000-$2,499), help to build strength by providing military children an environment where outdoor education activities instill a belief in their own resilience.
- Gold ($2,500-$4,999), help military children instill pride in themselves by recognizing that we understand their sacrifice and know that “Kids Serve Too!”
- Platinum ($5,000 and up), provide a week away for 8 or more military children to just be kids in an environment where special friendships are formed and campers gain comfort knowing their concerns are normal.
Capital Campaign: “A Camp For All”
Whether sharing a sunny day or a star-filled night sky, friendships made on the mountain never fade. The magic and memories of the South Mountain YMCA camps last a lifetime. Young leaders have “grown up” at camp while developing an appreciation for the outdoors and learning about people from diverse backgrounds. It is our belief that every person shares the potential to grow in wisdom, to discover their unique and independent voice, to nurture others and to engage their communities. The fun and challenging programs we offer foster communication, trust, problem-solving and deeper spiritual connections, while preparing young people to lead and be led.
- Watch our Capital Campaign Video
- Pledge Form
- Naming Opportunities $10,000 – $1,000,000
- Naming Opportunities under $5,000
Known for high-quality programs, professional staff, and pristine setting, the South Mountain YMCA Camps have built a well-deserved reputation as a community asset. Our programs’ past and present impact are unmistakable. Now, the time has come to focus on the future, to focus on expanding that impact, to focus on Creating a Camp for All!
Your Gift to this campaign will provide the funding for the following projects:
- Additional facilities and equipment to serve Special Populations
- A much-needed renovation of, and addition to, our historic Dining Hall
- Improvements to, and renovations of, the Pool Complex
- Expansion and renovation of the Duberstein Equestrian Center
Please note in the comment section which fund your gift is designated for:
- Capital Campaign
- Reach Out For Youth
- Operation Purple Camp
- Year End Appeal