At the South Mountain YMCA Camps we are constantly working to identify and recruit program and leadership talent. More than skills, we want people on our team that love working with children, families, and adults – we want staff that love seeing people grow.
If you believe you have the character, the skills, and the desire to develop and serve the visitors to our camp community, you may be the person we have been looking for. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Summer Camp Positions
- Leadership Positions: As part of our administrative team, our leadership staff are an important part of our staff team. Leadership staff must be at least 21 years of age and have previous camping experience. Pay is $275-$300+ per week depending on experience. For full Job Descriptions, please click on each position:
- Counselor Positions: The counselors have the most direct impact on a child’s experience at camp. We are seeking dedicated, fun, enthusiastic staff who understand that “Campers Come First.” Counselors must be at least 18 years of age or have graduated from high school. All counselors will teach in one of our program areas and co-lead a cabin of 8-12 children. Pay is $250-$275 per week depending on experience. For full Job Description, please click on each position:
- Junior Counselor Positions: The Junior Counselor position is for young adults who are 17 years of age who have not graduated from high school. This is a volunteer position for a duration of 2 weeks. Junior Counselors and support counselors in supervising children and leading activities. For full Job Description, please click here.
- Camp Nurse Positions: The South Mountain YMCA Camp’s Health Lodge Staff are RN’s or LPN’s licensed in the State of Pennsylvania. Experience as a school nurse, in a hospital or emergency room is helpful but not required. The ability to relate effectively to children, parents and college-age staff is essential. Pay is $700.00 – $900.00 per week depending on experience. For full Job Description, please click here.
- Camp Driver Positions: Camp Drivers are individuals 21 years of age or older who possess a valid US Driver’s Licence. Camp Drivers have a responsibility to transport campers and staff using camp vehicles for program purposes. Full-time seasonal and part-time seasonal positions are available. For full Job Description, please click here.
For more information on Summer Camp Positions, call Amanda or Cory at 610-670-2267.
Outdoor Center Employment Positions
Our Outdoor Center Staff work as part of a team of enthusiastic, energetic leaders who teach lessons and lead recreational activities such as: Wildlife, Archery, Survival Scenario, Native American Studies, Teambuilding Challenges, High Ropes & Campfire Skits/Songs. Other components of the job include: assisting in the kitchen & dining hall, curriculum development, janitorial duties, organizing evening programs, completing camp projects, and participating in staff training. Candidates must LOVE to work outside, have a sense of humor, enjoy working with children and other naturalists and know how to PLAY and have fun!
The “typical” work week for Outdoor Center staff runs Wednesday through Sunday but can vary. Staff will work programs varying from short day trips to multi-day residential retreats. This job requires long hours. We are looking for individuals who have a true passion for, and sincere love of, the outdoors and education.
Staff will teach interdisciplinary science-based and cultural day and evening classes to elementary, middle, and high school students. They will facilitate our challenge course and climbing elements with school-aged through adult groups. Staff are expected to maintain program areas and provide care for educational animals. Finally, staff will assist with facilities maintenance and janitorial duties, as well as with the care of equestrian facilities and horses.
Candidates must have a cheerful disposition, experience working with children, and experience in public speaking with confidence and comfort addressing groups. Candidates should be comfortable in rustic, outdoor setting in all weather conditions. They should possess creativity, a STRONG work ethic, and initiative. Candidates should be available to work nights and weekends. Applicants should have a BA or BS in Recreation, Education, or a related field.
Pay is $250-$275 per week depending on experience. On-site house is provided. Meals can be taken in Dining Hall when groups are scheduled and during training.
Dining Services Employment Positions
Seasonally, we seek staff to assist our Food Service Director in the preparation and serving of meals in our Dining Hall. The height of our season is from April through October. Apply for part-time work here.
To contact our Food Services Director, Mark Glossick, please e-mail email@example.com.
Facilities and Grounds Employment Positions
Seasonally, we seek staff to assist our Facilities Director with landscaping work needed at South Mountain YMCA Camps. Apply for part-time work here.
To contact our Facilities Director, Dale Kuntzman, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.