7-8 Year-Old Campers: Explorer Camp Program
The Explorer program is designed to have our youngest campers “try everything on their plates”. The counseling staff are specially trained to provide support, leadership, guidance and non-stop fun! In cabin groups, staff introduce Explorers to swimming, archery, climbing, arts & crafts, nature and much more. This program is designed as a 1 week camp although campers may sign up for additional sessions.
9-11 Year-Old Campers: The Voyageur Program for Girls (Rovers Village) and Boys (Cubs Village)
With the guidance of their counselors, Voyageur campers independently choose their own activity schedule. Care is taken to provide instruction adapted to each child’s age, interest and skill level. Campers spend time with their cabin group each day building friendships, working and playing with their peers and developing self-confidence. Campers in this age group will have an opportunity to canoe at Blue Marsh Lake with their cabin group. The Voyageur program is designed as a 2 week session.
12-15 Year-Old Campers: The OWL Program for Boys (Loggers Village) and Girls (Trailblazers Village)
Our teen campers are the Older, “Weiser”, Leaders of our camp community. Campers choose their activity schedule based on their interests and the interests of their friends. This program will challenge your camper, by introducing teambuilding, in-depth programing, and by giving them the opportunity to teach a skill they have mastered to others. This crew has a special “Night Owl” schedule with extended evening programs with their friends, special events and activities beneath the moon and stars including overnight campouts at the Peak. The OWL program is designed for a 2 week stay at camp.
Summer Camp Activity Choices
- Swimming – Instructional and Recreational, Boating – Canoeing/Kayaking (10 and older*)
- Sailing (12 and older*)
- Creative Arts – Arts and Crafts, Dance, Music, Drama, Guitar
- Adventure – High Ropes (12 and older), Low Ropes, Climbing Tower, Zip Line, Team building
- Nature – Hiking, Outdoor Living Skills (OLS), Fishing & Pond Ecology, Introduction to reptiles with live snakes and turtles!
- Athletics – Mountain Biking (Voyageur and OWL), Mountain Boarding, Court Sports and Field Sports
- Shooting Sports – Archery, BB’s, .22 Riflery (12 and up), Trap (12 and up)
- Riding – English Riding Lessons*, Pony Rides (Explorer)
Summer Camp Evening Programs
When the sun goes down at camp we keep going! Night life is a large part of the camp experience. Some of our evening programs include:
Capture the Flag, Campfires (smores!), Talent Shows, Predator and Prey, Smugglers, Scavenger Hunts, Bombardier, Challenge Night!, & Pool Parties to name a few.