South Mountain YMCA Camps to host 4th Annual Egg-Stravaganza Egg Hunt and Pancake Breakfast
Saturday April 19th, 2014
Egg-Stravaganza Egg Hunt Saturday April 19th 10:00am
Egg Hunts by age group, spring crafts, face painting and a visit from the Easter Bunny!!! This community event is free and open to all. Kids of all ages can wear their silliest “Easter Bonnet” for a chance to win a prize. This event, in collaboration with the Greater Reading and Berks County Kiwanis Club, and the support of the Key Clubs at Conrad Weiser, Wilson, Reading and Exeter High Schools, will be held rain or shine. To RSVP please call the camp office at 610-670-2267.
Pancake Breakfast Saturday April 19th 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
All proceeds from this event benefit the 9th Operation Purple Camp at YMCA Camp Conrad Weiser in June of 2014. This special week of summer camp is for the children of deployed military men and women, as well as those who have recently returned. The cost for the breakfast is $6 for adults and $4 for kids 12 and under. Breakfast includes pancakes, sausage, and beverages. The breakfast will be held at the Bynden Wood Lodge as part of the Egg-Stravaganza festivities. For more information call camp at 610-670-2267.
This program recognizes that “Kids Serve Too”. In partnership with the National Military Family Association, the Operation Purple Camp is a week for having fun, making friends, and reminding military children that they are our nation’s youngest heroes. Operation Purple Camp:
- Helps provide 100 campers from active duty military families with 1 week of fun at summer camp in 2014.
- Provides an opportunity for the “kids who serve” to experience horseback riding, archery, zip lines, and much more.
- Connects the children of military families with their peers.
- Provides a Military Life/Family Counselor (MFLAC) as support.
- Helps provide a connection with military personnel from all branches of the armed forces.
- Allows a week of respite for the military spouse who is at home during a long deployment.