Operation Purple Camp
In the summer of 2015, YMCA Camp Conrad Weiser will proudly host our 10thseason of Operation Purple Camp. This program recognizes that “Kids Serve Too”. In partnership with the National Military Family Association, the Operation Purple Camp is a week for having fun, making friends, and reminding military children that they are our nation’s youngest heroes. Priority is given to children who have a parent or guardian who incurred service-connected injuries or illness on or after 9/11 or will have a parent or guardian deployed during a 15-month deployment window.
- Helps provide campers with 1 week of fun at summer camp in 2015.
- Provides an opportunity for the “kids who serve” to experience horseback riding, archery, zip lines, and much more.
- Connects the children of military families with their peers.
- Provides a Military Life/Family Counselor (MFLAC) as support.
- Helps provide a connection with military personnel from all branches of the armed forces.
Allows a week of respite for the military spouse who is at home during a long deployment.
Reach Out for Youth Campaign
The Reach Out for Youth Campaign is our annual appeal. Funds raised in this campaign are used to provide scholarships for deserving youth to attend Camp Conrad Weiser, Bynden Wood Day Camp, and our Outdoor Center programs.
Levels of Giving:
- Fire Starters ($1-$99), help provide a environmental education programs for students who would be unable to afford it otherwise.
- Loggers ($100-$249), help pay for 1-2 deserving children to attend Bynden Wood Day Camp.
- Pioneers ($250-$749), ensure that a 7-9 year-old child can attend Camp Conrad Weiser's Explorer program.
- Trailblazers ($750-$999), ensure a 10-12 year-old boy or girl can attend Camp Conrad Weiser's Voyaguer program.
- Mountaintop Club ($1000-$1,499), introduces young people to horses in our 2-week riding camps.
- Summit Club ($1,500+), promotes leadership in 15-17 year-olds by providing assistance for deserving teens attending our Leaders-In-Training or Counselors-In-Training programs.
Since 1948, Camp Conrad Weiser has stood for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Engagement. We need your help to continue that tradition and to succeed in delivering our mission. We ask you to invest in our Reach Out for Youth Campaign.
*Please note in the comment section which fund your gift is designated for.