Reach Out for Youth Campaign
The Reach Out for Youth Campaign is our annual appeal. Funds raised in this campaign are used to provide scholarships for deserving youth to attend Camp Conrad Weiser, Bynden Wood Day Camp, and our Outdoor Center programs.
Levels of Giving:
- Fire Starters ($1-$99), help provide a environmental education programs for students who would be unable to afford it otherwise.
- Loggers ($100-$249), help pay for 1-2 deserving children to attend Bynden Wood Day Camp.
- Pioneers ($250-$749), ensure that a 7-9 year-old child can attend Camp Conrad Weiser's Explorer program.
- Trailblazers ($750-$999), ensure a 10-12 year-old boy or girl can attend Camp Conrad Weiser's Voyaguer program.
- Mountaintop Club ($1000-$1,499), introduces young people to horses in our 2-week riding camps.
- Summit Club ($1,500+), promotes leadership in 15-17 year-olds by providing assistance for deserving teens attending our Leaders-In-Training or Counselors-In-Training programs.
Since 1948, Camp Conrad Weiser has stood for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Engagement. We need your help to continue that tradition and to succeed in delivering our mission. We ask you to invest in our Reach Out for Youth Campaign.
*Please note in the comment section which fund your gift is designated for.
Capital Campaign "Camp For All"
Whether sharing a sunny day or a star-filled night sky, friendships made on the mountain never fade. The magic and memories of the South Mountain YMCA camps last a lifetime. Young leaders have “grown up” at camp while developing an appreciation for the outdoors and learning about people from diverse backgrounds. It is our belief that every person shares the potential to grow in wisdom, to discover their unique and independent voice, to nurture others and to engage their communities. The fun and challenging programs we offer foster communication, trust, problem-solving and deeper spiritual connections, while preparing young people to lead and be led.
Known for high-quality programs, professional staff, and pristine setting, the South Mountain YMCA Camps have built a well-deserved reputation as a community asset. Our programs’ past and present impact are unmistakable. Now, the time has come to focus on the future, to focus on expanding that impact, to focus on Creating a Camp for All!
Your Gift to this campaign will provide the funding for the following projects:
- Additional facilities and equipment to serve Special Populations
- A much needed renovation of, and addition to, our historic Dining Hall
- Improvements to, and renovations of, the Pool Complex
Expansion and renovation of the Duberstein Equestrian Center
Operation Purple Camp
In the summer of 2015, YMCA Camp Conrad Weiser will proudly host our 10thseason of Operation Purple Camp. This program recognizes that “Kids Serve Too”. In partnership with the National Military Family Association, the Operation Purple Camp is a week for having fun, making friends, and reminding military children that they are our nation’s youngest heroes. Priority is given to children who have a parent or guardian who incurred service-connected injuries or illness on or after 9/11 or will have a parent or guardian deployed during a 15-month deployment window.
- Helps provide campers with 1 week of fun at summer camp in 2015.
- Provides an opportunity for the “kids who serve” to experience horseback riding, archery, zip lines, and much more.
- Connects the children of military families with their peers.
- Provides a Military Life/Family Counselor (MFLAC) as support.
- Helps provide a connection with military personnel from all branches of the armed forces.
- Allows a week of respite for the military spouse who is at home during a long deployment.
***Please note in the comment section which fund your gift is designated for.***